Latest Information Update: 26 Oct 2011
At a glance
- Originator Cephalon
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Phospholipase A2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cerebral ischaemia; Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neuroprotection in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cerebral ischaemia in USA (unspecified route)
- 02 Oct 1996 No-Development-Reported for Cerebral ischaemia in USA (Unknown route)