At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections; Varicella zoster virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 02 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 13 Mar 1995 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 13 Mar 1995 No-Development-Reported for Varicella zoster virus infections in USA (Unknown route)