CarebastineAlternative Names: LAS X 113
Latest Information Update: 19 Sep 2001
At a glance
- Originator Almirall-Prodesfarma
- Class Antiallergics; Nonsedating antihistamines
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Allergic conjunctivitis; Allergic rhinitis
Most Recent Events
- 19 Sep 2001 Discontinued-III for Allergic conjunctivitis in Spain (Ophthalmic)
- 19 Sep 2001 Discontinued-III for Allergic rhinitis in Spain (Intranasal)
- 15 Feb 1999 Phase-III clinical trials for Allergic conjunctivitis in Spain (Ophthalmic)