RifamexilAlternative Names: MDL 62769
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 1998
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antibacterials; Rifamycins
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Mycobacterium avium complex infections
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Mycobacterium avium complex infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 29 Jan 1997 Two in vitro studies have been added to the pharmacodynamic and antimicrobial activity sections
- 27 Jan 1995 Preclinical development for Mycobacterium avium complex infections in USA (Unknown route)