PEG glucocerebrosidaseAlternative Names: Lysodase; PEG-GC
Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator National Institute of Mental Health; National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Developer Enzon Pharmaceuticals; National Institute of Mental Health
- Class Glucosidases
- Mechanism of Action Glucosylceramidase replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gaucher's disease
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Gaucher's disease in USA (IM)
- 11 Sep 1996 Phase-I clinical trials for Gaucher's disease in USA (IM)