MirisetronAlternative Names: SEC 579; WAY 100579; WAY SEC 579
Latest Information Update: 22 Nov 1999
At a glance
- Originator Wyeth
- Class Anxiolytics
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Cognition disorders; Sleep disorders
Most Recent Events
- 22 Nov 1999 Discontinued-I for Sleep disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 22 Nov 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Cognition disorders in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 22 Nov 1999 Discontinued-I for Anxiety disorders in USA (Unknown route)