Latest Information Update: 08 Oct 2003
At a glance
- Originator Astra Arcus USA
- Class Acetanilides; Local anaesthetics
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anaesthesia; Arrhythmias
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed.
- 15 Dec 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Anaesthesia in USA (Unknown route)
- 15 Dec 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Arrhythmias in USA (Unknown route)