MapinastineAlternative Names: E 4707; E 4716
Latest Information Update: 06 Nov 1996
At a glance
- Originator Esteve
- Class Antiallergics; Antihistamines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Histamine release inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory tract disorders
Most Recent Events
- 06 Nov 1996 Discontinued-II for Respiratory tract disorders in Spain (Unknown route)
- 18 Jan 1996 Phase-II clinical trials for Respiratory tract disorders in Spain (Unknown route)
- 18 Aug 1995 E 4716 is now called mapinastine