Insulin-like growth factor-IIAlternative Names: Somatomedin-2
Latest Information Update: 21 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Eli Lilly; KabiGen; Karolinska Institute
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Antineoplastics; Growth factors; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Insulin-like growth factor II stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 08 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Diabetes mellitus (Unknown route)
- 06 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 13 Oct 1995 Eli Lilly is developing somatomedin-2 in the USA