NupafantAlternative Names: BB 2113; BB 960
Latest Information Update: 31 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator British Biotech
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Anticoagulants; Branched-chain amino acids; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Platelet activating factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Myocardial infarction; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 13 Mar 1997 Suspended - Preclinical for Stroke in United Kingdom (PO)
- 13 Mar 1997 Suspended - Preclinical in Myocardial infarction in United Kingdom (IV)
- 13 Mar 1997 Suspended - Preclinical in Myocardial infarction in United Kingdom (PO)