At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antiglaucomas; Prostaglandins; Small molecules; Synthetic prostaglandins
- Mechanism of Action Prostaglandin agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Glaucoma
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia has been acquired by Pfizer
- 06 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 18 Jun 1998 Phase-II clinical trials for Glaucoma in Sweden (Ophthalmic)