At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antihypertensives; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Alpha 1 adrenergic receptor antagonists; Beta 1 adrenergic receptor antagonists; Serotonin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-I for Hypertension in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 12 May 1997 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in United Kingdom (Unknown route)