Pneumocandin AOAlternative Names: L671329; Pneumocandin-A0
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antifungals; Antiprotozoals; Echinocandins
- Mechanism of Action Glucan synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Candidiasis; Pneumocystis pneumonia
Most Recent Events
- 10 Oct 1994 No-Development-Reported for Pneumocystis pneumonia in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Oct 1994 No-Development-Reported for Candidiasis in USA (unspecified route)