At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Antibacterials; Macrolides
- Mechanism of Action Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jan 2013 Discontinued for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 26 Jan 1995 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)