At a glance
- Originator Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Sesquiterpenes
- Mechanism of Action Complement C5 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Immunological disorders; Transplant rejection
Most Recent Events
- 19 Apr 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Immunological disorders in Japan (Unknown route)
- 28 Jul 1995 Discontinued-Preclinical for Transplant rejection in Japan (Unknown route)