EltenacAlternative Names: B 78820; BY 820
Latest Information Update: 24 Jun 2002
At a glance
- Originator ALTANA Pharma
- Class Aniline compounds; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Small molecules; Thiophenes
- Mechanism of Action Cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Osteoarthritis in Sweden (Topical)
- 24 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Osteoarthritis in Finland (Topical)
- 24 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Inflammation in USA (PO)