Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Enzon Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Enzon Pharmaceuticals; Nonindustrial source
- Class Polyethylene glycols
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Inflammation; Respiratory tract disorders