Latest Information Update: 12 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anaerobic infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia has been acquired by Pfizer
- 05 Apr 2000 Monsanto has merged with Pharmacia & Upjohn to form Pharmacia Corporation