At a glance
- Originator Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic; Nonindustrial source
- Developer Gilead Sciences; Nonindustrial source
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Nucleotides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections; Human papillomavirus infections; Polyomavirus infections; Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jun 2005 Preclinical trials in Solid tumours in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Jun 2005 Data presented at the 18th International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR-2005) have been added to the Cancer pharmacodynamics section
- 25 Jul 2001 This compound is still in active development as a potential anticancer agent