Latest Information Update: 19 Feb 2004
At a glance
- Originator Idera Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antisense oligonucleotides; Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Influenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 Feb 2004 Discontinued for Influenza virus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 25 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Influenza virus infections in USA (Unknown route)