Latest Information Update: 09 Sep 2002
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Developer Toyama Chemical
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Sep 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Bacterial infections in Japan (PO)
- 22 Dec 1999 Hoechst has merged with Rhône-Poulenc to form Aventis