Latest Information Update: 06 Nov 1996
At a glance
- Originator Esteve
- Class Antibacterials; Fluoroquinolones
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 06 Nov 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Spain (Unknown route)
- 13 May 1996 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Spain (Unknown route)