Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2005
At a glance
- Originator Incyte Corporation
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane permeability enhancers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Septic shock
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jul 2005 XOMA has terminated its license with Zephyr Sciences for BPI-related products
- 10 Nov 2004 BPI has been licensed to Zephyr Sciences worldwide
- 23 May 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Septic shock in USA (Parenteral)