At a glance
- Originator Eisai Co Ltd
- Class Antiemetics; Benzamides; Gastrokinetics; Irritable bowel syndrome therapies
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists; Serotonin 4 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Irritable bowel syndrome; Non-ulcer dyspepsia
Most Recent Events
- 06 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Non-ulcer dyspepsia in Japan (PO)
- 06 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Irritable bowel syndrome in Japan (PO)
- 19 Jun 2002 This compound is still in active development