At a glance
- Originator Fidia Farmaceutici
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuroprotection; Spinal cord injuries
Most Recent Events
- 10 Oct 2003 Discontinued for Spinal cord injuries in Italy (unspecified route)
- 10 Oct 2003 Discontinued for Neuroprotection in Italy (unspecified route)
- 09 Dec 1996 No-Development-Reported for Neuroprotection in Italy (Unknown route)