At a glance
- Originator Eisai Co Ltd
- Developer Schering-Plough
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Antiplatelets; Heart failure therapies
- Mechanism of Action Type 5 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Angina pectoris; Heart failure; Pulmonary hypertension; Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 10 Nov 1997 Discontinued-Preclinical for Thrombosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 06 Jun 1997 Preclinical development for Thrombosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Jul 1996 Discontinued-II for Angina pectoris in Japan (PO)