At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Enzyme inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic complications
Most Recent Events
- 09 May 2003 Discontinued for Diabetic complications in Germany (unspecified route)
- 30 Jan 1997 No-Development-Reported for Diabetic complications in Germany (Unknown route)
- 20 Oct 1994 Investigation in Diabetic complications in Germany (Unknown route)