Latest Information Update: 14 Jul 1998
At a glance
- Originator Rega Institute for Medical Research
- Class Antivirals; Polysaccharides
- Mechanism of Action HIV envelope protein gp120 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Herpes simplex virus infections; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in Venezuela (Unknown route)
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in Belgium (Unknown route)
- 14 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in Belgium (Unknown route)