At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Antibacterials; Fluoroquinolones
- Mechanism of Action DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 1998 Phase-II clinical trials for Bacterial infections in USA (Parenteral)
- 15 Jun 1995 Three studies detailing the comparative antimicrobial activity of A 867191 have been added to the antimicrobial activity and pharmacodynamics sections ,,
- 26 Oct 1994 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in USA (Parenteral)