At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antihypertensives; Imidazoles; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Angiotensin type 1 receptor antagonists; Angiotensin type 2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 16 Nov 1998 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in USA (Unknown route)
- 10 May 1996 A radioligand binding study has been added to the pharmacodynamics section