MIF 1Alternative Names: MSH-release inhibiting factor
Latest Information Update: 23 Aug 2002
At a glance
- Originator Ochsner Clinic Foundation
- Class Antidepressants
- Mechanism of Action Melanocyte-stimulating hormone inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 09 Oct 1998 Profile reviewed
- 06 Jan 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for Depression in USA (PO)