Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action GABA uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jan 1997 No-Development-Reported for Epilepsy in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 10 Nov 1994 Preclinical development for Epilepsy in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 10 Nov 1994 No-Development-Reported for Epilepsy in United Kingdom (unspecified route)