PiroxantroneAlternative Names: CI 942; NSC 349174; Oxantrazole; PD 111815
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Anthraquinones; Cytostatics; Pyrazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Breast cancer; Endometrial cancer; Gastric cancer; Malignant melanoma
Most Recent Events
- 12 Jul 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 22 Jun 2000 Warner-Lambert has merged with Pfizer
- 27 Aug 1998 Profile reviewed