SardomozideAlternative Names: CGP 48664; CGP 48664A; SAM 486
Latest Information Update: 15 Jun 2009
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Amidines; Antineoplastics; Indans
- Mechanism of Action Adenosylmethionine decarboxylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma; Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 06 May 2004 A study has been added to the adverse events and Cancer therapeutic trials sections
- 27 Sep 2000 A phase II study in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma has been added to the therapeutic trials and adverse events sections
- 27 Sep 2000 Phase-II clinical trials for Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in USA (IV-infusion)