SibopirdineAlternative Names: DUP 921; EXP 921
Latest Information Update: 08 Jul 2008
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholine stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jul 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 08 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 28 Nov 1994 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)