Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genaera Corporation
- Class Antivirals; Peptide antibiotics; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Topical)
- 12 Jan 1995 Preclinical development for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Topical)