EmbelinAlternative Names: Embelic acid
Latest Information Update: 17 Aug 2001
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Antineoplastics; Benzoquinones; Contraceptives; Infertility therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 17 Aug 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Cancer in India (Unknown route)
- 03 Nov 1997 No-Development-Reported for Cancer in India (Unknown route)
- 16 Jan 1995 Preclinical development for Cancer in India (Unknown route)