PamaquesideAlternative Names: CP 148623
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Saponins
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol absorption inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jun 2000 Pfizer has merged with Warner-Lambert
- 04 May 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 16 Mar 1999 Phase-III clinical trials for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (PO)