Latest Information Update: 06 Aug 2002
At a glance
- Originator Sanofi Winthrop
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 27 Aug 1999 Sanofi and Synthélabo have merged to form Sanofi-Synthélabo
- 20 Jan 1995 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)