Latest Information Update: 07 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Sanofi Winthrop
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Rev gene product inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 07 Mar 2017 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Aug 1999 Sanofi and Synthélabo have merged to form Sanofi-Synthélabo
- 20 Jan 1995 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)