At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada)
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Ribonucleoside diphosphate reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 18 Sep 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Herpes simplex virus infections in Canada (unspecified route)
- 12 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 01 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in Canada (Unknown route)