At a glance
- Originator National Institute on Drug Abuse; University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Class Antipsychotics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cocaine abuse; Psychotic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 11 Jan 1999 No-Development-Reported for Cocaine abuse in USA (Unknown route)
- 07 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Psychotic disorders in USA (Unknown route)