MPI 5011Alternative Names: Fluorouracil therapeutic implant; IntraDose-FU
Latest Information Update: 20 Feb 2006
At a glance
- Originator Chiron Corporation
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Thymidylate synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Head and neck cancer; Liver cancer; Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 1998 Suspended-II for Liver cancer in USA (Intratumoural)
- 31 Dec 1998 Suspended-III for Head and neck cancer in USA (Intratumoural)
- 31 Dec 1998 Suspended-II for Prostate cancer in USA (Intratumoural)