Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 1996
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Antirheumatics
- Mechanism of Action Purine nucleoside phosphorylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Rheumatoid arthritis; Systemic lupus erythematosus
Most Recent Events
- 19 Apr 1996 Immunological Disorders section added to drug profile.
- 19 Apr 1996 Discontinued-Unspecified Phase in Systemic lupus erythematosus in USA (Unknown route)