ZanapezilAlternative Names: TAK 147
Latest Information Update: 20 Jun 2003
At a glance
- Originator Takeda
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jun 2003 Discontinued - Phase-III for Alzheimer's disease in Japan (PO)
- 19 Sep 2002 This compound is still in active development
- 01 Nov 1999 Phase-III clinical trials for Alzheimer's disease in Japan (PO)