At a glance
- Originator Schering-Plough
- Class Anxiolytics; Gastrokinetics
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H3 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Anxiety disorders; Gastrointestinal disorders
Most Recent Events
- 02 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Gastrointestinal disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 02 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Anxiety disorders in USA (Unknown route)
- 16 Jul 1996 SCH 49648 is being invesigated for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders