CholazolAlternative Names: Cholestran
Latest Information Update: 28 Jan 1999
At a glance
- Originator Alpha-Beta Technology [CEASED]
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Bile acid binding protein modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jan 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)
- 20 Aug 1997 No-Development-Reported for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)
- 01 Feb 1995 Preclinical development for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)