LotrafibanAlternative Names: SB 214857; SB 214857A
Latest Information Update: 30 Jul 2001
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiplatelets; Benzodiazepines; Piperidines; Small molecules; Vascular disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action GPIIb-IIIa antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cardiovascular disorders; Cerebrovascular disorders; Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jul 2001 Discontinued-III for Cardiovascular disorders in USA (PO)
- 30 Jul 2001 Discontinued-III for Thrombosis in Europe (PO)
- 30 Jul 2001 Discontinued-III for Cerebrovascular disorders in USA (PO)