Latest Information Update: 05 Aug 2004
At a glance
- Originator Burzynski Research Institute
- Class Antineoplastics; Antineoplastons
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 05 Aug 2004 Discontinued - Phase-I for Cancer in USA (IV)
- 09 Jan 2001 Antineoplaston A5 is available for licensing
- 09 Jan 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Cancer in USA (IV)