AMP 53Alternative Names: AZN; Azonafide
Latest Information Update: 07 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator OSI Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antineoplastics; Isoquinolines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2003 Development discontinued for Cancer before 2004
- 20 Oct 1995 Investigation in Cancer in USA (IV)
- 09 Feb 1995 Preclinical development for Cancer in USA (IV)