At a glance
- Originator Wyeth
- Class Antibacterials; Sulfones
- Mechanism of Action Beta lactamase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 20 Mar 2002 No development reported - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Mar 2002 No development reported in Bacterial infections in USA
- 20 Mar 2002 American Home Products and its subsidiary Wyeth-Ayerst are both now called Wyeth